We have extended the deadline for international abstracts to June 30 because of the current pandemic-related restrictions on international travel. We are hopeful they will change.
This year’s theme:
To Submit Your Proposal
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Those accepted for oral presentations have three options regarding conference attendance:
- You can register for the full conference. As a presenter you are entitled to the IWI member rate. After the conference you will receive a partial rebate in the amount of a day registration ($200).
- You can fully participate in the conference for free on the day you are scheduled to present. This participation includes both the afternoon study tour and any evening event.
- You can attend all of the conference’s morning sessions for free. You would not be entitled to join the afternoon study tours.
- Following acceptance into the program, you must register or inform us of your alternate choice by May 31, 2021.
About Oral Presentations
- Presentations will be in-person only; we cannot accommodate live-streaming for this conference.
- Session will be scheduled for the mornings of Monday, August 30; Tuesday, August 31; Wednesday, September 1; or Thursday, September 2.
- Presentations should last no more than 30 minutes. We will allow additional time for questions.
- There will be a moderator and technical support for each session.
- The preferred electronic format for oral presentations is PowerPoint. If you wish to use another software tool for your presentation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your abstract. We might be able to accommodate your request.
- We will have laptops and projection systems for your use. We will ask for your Power Point file ahead of time; be sure to bring a backup copy on a flash drive to the session.
- The presenting author will be informed of any suggested modifications to their submitted abstract at the acceptance notification stage.
About Poster Displays
- Posters will be displayed in an exhibit area at the conference,
- A poster can be by a canal society, private company, nonprofit organization, or an individual.
- Poster presentations should relate to the conference theme and sub-themes, or at least to waterways, canals, or the natural areas around them.
- Posters will be set up on a table or easel; the maximum width is 48 inches (122 cm).
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period is the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the take-down time will be disposed of.
Format for Submittal of Abstracts
Presentation Type: Oral presentation or poster presentation
Title (80 characters)
Summary: Include the most important aspects of your presentation. (300 characters).
Core Statements: Include up to three key points (600 characters).
Main Text: Include introduction, methods, results, and conclusion. Please describe how your presentation ties into the conference theme (6000 characters).
Corresponding authors: List up to three:
- First name, Last name
- Institution/Company/Private person
- City, Country, Postal Code
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.